Monday, January 17, 2011

Some More Wood Burnings....

While on my wood carving craze, I thought I should do something for my dad.

For him, there were two obvious options... truck or tractor.

So I did what any smart girl would do... and I asked my mother.

We ended up going with the tractor that he had fixed up for my grandfather's 74th birthday. His last birthday.

And so while my dad likes tractors in general, I think he especially likes this one.

This was the original picture.





Which I had to take out the background noise... or it would be hard to burn into the wood...



And then I decided I liked the tractor going this direction... so I needed to reverse it. And I needed to just get the important lines.


And then the burning began. And I didn't take pictures. And then I thought it looked good but it would be better if it was colored. Which I didn't have watercolors. But I had food coloring... So I used it. And then I sprayed it to safe guard it. And this is what it ended up looking like.


And I was pretty happy with it. And I texted a photo of it to my mom. She liked it. And she showed the littlest and tallest brother. And he liked it too.

And what about Dad?



I think he liked it too. (Sorry for the bad pictures). And yes, that is his "I like this gift" face.

I know, sometimes it is hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment