Monday, June 27, 2011

The Clothes Keeper

This week/weekend was a pulling things together kinda time. I finished up some projects and tried to put things away just so I felt more together and I didn't feel like I was lying when I was asked for the 500th time, is the baby's room ready? I think I am about ready to truthfully say yes! I finished up the dresser this week. Which proved to be more difficult than anticipated. It seems that this 500 year old monster (not really...but still super old) did not want to follow the normal drawer pull rules. According to Home Depot there are 8 standard drawer pull widths. This guy's width was partway between the biggest 2 sizes. (I do feel for it though...it is rough being between sizes...) So I ended up having to use knobs on the entire things. Which is fine with me, I had kinda wanted to do that anyways...

So for the big reveal...

Compared to....
Not too shabby! And here is the finished (for the most part...I need to organize that bookcase a little bit...) product for the far wall of the room. (you can see a little of one of my next projects in the mirror, but I will have to go into that one later because I am at a point where I need to run to joann's to get some more upholstery tacks...

No comments:

Post a Comment