Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Weekend of Baby

This Sunday, I enjoyed a lovely day at my friend/co-worker's house for her baby shower. It was a great day, and from it came a few projects!

The first one was that Office P and I ordered a gift that didn't make it here in time. Actually, I don't know if it didn't make it here in time or not because I forgot to look- I was set with the poem we wrote instead. I graphically designed it and printed it out on some glorious card stock paper that had the coolest shine. Seriously, I really loved this paper!

One of the things is that her friends and family do not know the baby's name...but we have been privy to the options... so she reminded myself and Office P not to say the baby's name.... so we didn't.



Part of the gift....




The actual card



I also made fruit pizza for the shower as well! This must be the shower food because I also made it for Allison's bridal shower a few years ago... Here is the one from today:


It came pre-scored today! But I should have put on more fruit.

Oh wait- you want the recipe? Sure! Here you go! This is not a Pennie original but I found it at about.com.


This delicious pizza has a cookie dough crust, a sweet cream cheese sauce, and is topped with your favorite fruits for a dessert that will appeal to kids and adults alike.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 32 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated cookie dough
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)
  • Fresh blueberries, banana slices, mandarin orange sections, seedless grapes, strawberry halves, kiwifruit (or any other
  • 1/2 cup orange, peach, or apricot preserves
  • 1 Tablespoon water

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an ungreased 14-inch pizza pan with cookie dough cut in 1/8-inch slices, overlapping slightly. Bake 12 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract or other flavoring; spread over cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want (use your imagination).

In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water. Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Note: This does not keep well, so plan on using it up. You may also use your own sugar cookie recipe in place of the refrigerated dough.

Makes 8 to 10 servings


Note: I almost always use apricot preserves. I have really no reason, but I think it goes back to the Apricot Scandal one year on Sister P's Birthday. A story for a different day!

1 comment:

  1. Fruit pizza looks amazing - cannot wait to copy it myself!!

    ReplyDelete