Monday, February 14, 2011

Back of the bag recipe


Friday was my sister-in-laws birthday and we were all getting together for a family dinner. Because our apartment is too small to host everyone at one table for dinner, most of our family meals are held at Carl's parents house. Carl's mom is an awesome cook and I love having dinner there. It makes me feel young and safe and spoiled. Sometimes though it can make me feel too spoiled, because it is rare that I get to return the favor and have them in my home where, especially Carl's mom, can sit back and relax. To offset this guilt, sometime a while back, I started bringing baked goods whenever we go over for dinner. I wrote about the Pecan Pie I brought one time, they love the Mexican brownies, Carl's dad is a fan of the pineapple upside down cake. It makes me feel like a part of the family bringing new sweet treats for them all to try.

I always try to choose something with an American twist to it. Partially because I like to bring new things that remind me of my home to their home and partly because if it's new to them, they won't know if I mess it up! What could be more American than Nestle Tollhouse anything? Finding Nestle Tollhouse chips of any variety here means heading to a specialty store and paying double what you would at home. But sometimes, it can't be helped!

For Julie's birthday I picked up a bag of White chocolate chips and got busy making the cookie recipe right off the back of the bag and these cookies are awesome. They were so good that Carl told me I couldn't take them all to his parents house, I had to leave some at home for us!

Sometimes old school is the only way to go.

Nestle White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa (Only had a dark chocolate cocoa and was wonderful)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (I only had a half cup in my cupboard and they turned out great)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment